unaVision Learning Journeys
We have experiemented with several learning journey formats during the last years and think this is a great idea to develop further within the unaVision network.
The 4 M approach for learning journeys
- Move physically and mentally, change your perspectives, open up!
- Meet people from different sectors, cultures and generations, learn from their knowledge, experience, wisdom and personal mastery
- Make and co-develop products, services and systems, get new skills become creative, implement concepts, be a social entrepreneur and create new ventures who serve the people and society
- Multiply and share your experiences and knowledge, tell your story, write articles, poetries, books, make drawings and films
See photos of our past learning journeys, workshops and other events: https://unavision.smugmug.com/UnaVision-Learning-Journeys
Invitation to unaVision meeting in December
- Are you involved in the field of regional development, sustainable, community-based tourism, non-formal education, social entrepreneurship and/or social change in your region?
- Do you care about your region and want to see people and their work flourishing?
- Do you want to connect to like-minded people, share your experiences, co-create social businesses with meaningful workplaces and by this supporting a social change in our world?
unaVision objectives and approaches
Objectives of the unaVision network
- Offering learning activities and inviting others to join learning journeys, workshops, events and market them together
- Exchanging knowledge and experiences about sustainable development, supporting each other in facilitating social change in our regions and communities (urban or rural)
- Fostering social businesses and creating meaningful workplaces by co-developing products and services supporting the value creation in our regions (local handicrafts, agriculture, construction, education, health, technologies, etc.)
Read more about the objectives and approaches here.
Portugal Learning Journey 27.03 - 03.04.2016
This is an experimental learning package developed by ThinkCamp within the SENTour project. The objective of the project is to support a sustainable development by new ways of tourism where visitors are an active part.
With the SENTour Connect project ThinkCamp is co-developing with partners from Spain, Belgium, Slovenia, Austria, Italy and Portugal innovative learning journey packages for seniors.
Learning Journeys offer the opportunity to dive into the spirit of regions and to learn about special skills and traditions. You meet locals, learn from them, but may also share their expertise with people from the regions. Long-term off season tourism of several weeks to several months may intensify the insights into the local culture. This is a win-win situation for the regions and the visiting guests. This is a prototype Learning Journey packages co-developed within the SENTour Connect project.
The SENTour Connect project started from the idea that the senior market is an area for tourism expansion in low season within the European Union. Travel is a means to prolong a quality of life and Europe has a growing senior population for whom this is an important issue.The main objective of the project is to facilitate transnational tourism exchanges for seniors in the low season within the European domestic market.To do this, the project aims at creating innovative and sustainable transnational tourism packages for seniors, and improving the tourism seasonality patterns across Europe.
This Learning Journey in Portugal brings you to the exciting Naturtejo region with the beautiful landscape of the Geopark, which is a UNESCO territory, and also gives you the opportunity to dive deep into the daily life of people living here. On your journey you will join local entrepreneurs for several days and learn about their activities like producing goat cheese, herbal essences, liquors and creative arts such as metal art or weaving. You eat dinner with families and enjoy the taste of the rural gastronomy. You discover the challenges communities face (desertification, unemployment, demotivation, resistance to change, social isolation, just to name a few) and see innovative impulses for the regional development. Last but not least you may share your wisdom and insights with the people and support their effort of sustainable change. Download program here