UnaVision is a growing knowledge and collaborative network driven by likeminded people and their communities, organizations, initiatives and regions. UnaVision people cherish an intense and ongoing contact with each other, and are actively involved in co-developing and implementing prototypes and innovative approaches for a systemic change.
The UnaVision regional community are stakeholders/interestgroups (neighborhoods, villages, communities, initiatives, organizations, universities) within a region where likeminded people actively collaborate to create and implement a prototype of systemic change as an example for sustainable development. The main objective is to take part in the emergence of lively, healthy, balanced regions of various sizes and cultures which attract people to stay or to move in regardless of their background (culture, religion, education, social status). This encompasses among others:
- establishing circular economies with eco-social entrepreneurships and meaningful, green workplaces; testing new economic models
- creating a people centered learning environments based on project based learning, flipped classrooms activities; makerspaces/hackerspaces/hubs
- creating preventive health and life care systems affordable for everybody;
- creating a rich social and cultural environment,
- creation of a permaculture region and encourage local and organic food supply
- implementing of a participatory - sociocratic approach for the administration of the region,
- foster an extensive international short and long-term exchange of interested people between the locations in order to learn from each other
UnaVision global network
The global UnaVision network connects the UnaVision regions. It gives access to information, experience and knowledge of the other likeminded UnaVision regions. People and organizations open up and share their experiences freely. Experts of different fields give access to their knowledge and experience base. Personal, virtual and physical learning journeys between the regions bring people together. This enables the network to find higher quality solutions for their challenges faster and without regional boundaries. An active community co-creates and shares solutions for systems, products and services and opens up opportunities for value creation and work places.
- UnaVision uses information as well as social technologies in a systematic way to realize the objectives.
- The global UnaVision network will be governed by a sociocratic system with elected general and top circles.
- Learning and research journeys connect the people of the UnaVision regions.
- Project based learning programs (cross cultural – cross generational – cross sectoral) offer a one to two years experience for all age groups.
Who are the people in the UnaVision network
At the moment there are people from following regions interested in forming the unaVision network: Albania, Austria, Bhutan, Germany, Greece, India, Ireland, Italy, Jordan, Kosovo, Macedonia, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain. The network is forming and densifying starting at several locations in Europe. We value sustainability, creativity, crafts, skills, entrepreneurial spirit, arts, culture, participation, curiosity, learning and hospitality. We think that villages and neighborhoods are blessed because they are places where mankind can truly interact with each other and with nature. We want to foster these qualities and therefore do not go too much for quantity but for quality.
History of the UnaVision network
The unaVision ThinkCamp is conducting hiking dialogs, idea camps and learning journeys since its conceptions in 2008. The UnaVision community spirit was born in 2013 during the “caravan of change” called “dunaVision”, which brought people together for an eight months long learning journey through fourteen Eastern European countries. The journey was coordinated by Sarah Kupke and Johannes Pfister and connected in 50 workshops around one thousand people. The The journey as a pattern stands for individual inner learning journeys and physical journeys as groups. In the meantime, ThinkCamp conducted dozens of learning journeys and impulse projects in 25 many countries. The learning journey has brought us to places far away from the well beaten paths and trails of tourism, places that cherish their identity and value strangers who come to consciously enrich it.
Next steps in the network forming
Meetings (see UnaVision event calendar) for co-developing the concept of the UnaVision network based of the needs of the involved people and locations are planned during 2016-2017 in many regions within Europe, Americas and Asia.
Gatherings of the community involving many stakeholders are planned in the Netherlands from November 9th to 14th 2016, Mexico in January 2017, and at another European location during the spring 2017.
gathering in December
Click here to watch the video of the unaVision gathering which took place in Gut Gorgast, near Berlin, Germany, December 9-12 2015
Participants where people
- involved in the field of regional development, sustainable, community-based tourism, non-formal education, social entrepreneurship and/or social change in their regions
- who care about their region and want to see people and their work flourishing
- who you want to connect to like-minded people, share experiences, co-create social businesses with meaningful workplaces and by this supporting a social change in our world
The next unaVision gathering will take place from 09-14th of November 2016 in Friesland, Netherlands. You are invited to get involved! Please write to email@example.com