UnaVersity offers a unique environment for transformative learning, project-based learning and research activities. We coordinate learning- and research journeys, hiking Dialogs, workshops, vision labs, UnaVillage prototypes and support individual learning activities, personal growth and the co-creation of Eco-Social Enterprises. The UnaVersity provides a growing network of knowledge andcollaboration driven
collaboration driven by like-minded, experienced people. We see the importance and need of systems which are human centered and not based on standard curricula and influenced by special interest groups. Interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Table of Contents|
The center of our activities are the UnaVillage Prototypes. This is an integrated approach, where Project Based and Transformative Learning and individual Learning Journeys come together. The concept is emerging out of a decade of Learning- and Research Journeys. The prototypes aim to experiment sustainable living in a real life situation, where people build up their villages and work, learn and live together. Transformative Learning and a vivid exchange within the UnaVillage network should be an integrated part of the prototypes.
The UnaVillage Prototype offers motivated people an unique opportunity to learn, work and live together for a period of time. The start can be a minimum of 2 weeks stay which then can be extended at a chosen location. In addition to learning about sustainable lifestyles we will implement, work with and further co-develop concepts such as UnaVersity, Sociocracy, New Work-New Culture, Economy of Common Goods and Social Entrepreneurship among others.
The first prototype started in Germany 2019. During your stay you spent 50% of your time supporting the basic needs of the UnaVillage prototype community. During the other 50% you try to find out what you really, really like to do for you and for the society and you implement prototypes for that. Each week we have feedback circles and document in a suitable way our Learning and findings for example with publications, videos, plays, poetry and drawings
Project Based Learning
Individuals or teams decide on creating a project. This can be offering an event or service, building an oven, a house or creating a product. This project will be looked at from all aspects such as ecological, economical, functional, sustainable and implemented as sustainable as possible.
Learning journeys for individuals and teams help to answer the question "What do I really, really like to do with my life?". UnaVersity participants co-design their inner and outer learning journeys, identify some learning partners, mentors and expert to support them and start with suitable activities. As part of the learning journeys, people can participate in inspiring projects and programs and also participate intensive interaction with like minded people within the Transformative Learning process in an UnaVillage region. Finding orientation that way, participants can design and prototype Eco-Social Entrepreneurships or join existing ones. Basically we work with our 4-M philosophy:
- Moving - to move with your body, thoughts and mind
- Meeting - to meet and understand other people; lead profound dialogs and share ideas and experience
- Making - co-create a sustainable future and implement eco-social innovations
- Multiply - sharing experience, insights, knowledge and information openly. Use creative commons
Since many years we implemented hiking dialogs. The duration lasts from one day to several months. The idea is to concentrate on one topic and have an exchange of dialogs, meditations, ideas, concepts and thoughts. Hikes were conducted on four continents.
We conducted and participated in several ERASMUS K-1 and K-2 actions. There are current activities, you can join. We are also looking for partners from Programm countries and neighboring countries.
Trainees - Internship - Thesis
We are looking for motivated people to support the co-development of the UnaVision network and UnaVersity activities. As a trainee you are active in different circles such as gardening, alternative building, social entrepreneurship and administrative work. You develop your own program and set your own learning objectives.
Project Based Learning
We will be co-developing and applying an individual and team centered transformative learning concept. The concept concentrates on Project- and Problem Based Learning, Learning and Research Journeys, System Dynamics, Systematic Innovation and Pattern Language. The learning themes are about personal, team and community development, healthy living and New Work and Economic Models. We will apply this learning process to the different learning, working and living environments within the unaVillages und unaVision global communities. It also corresponds to our intention to create lifelong learning and the key competences for that. We like to foster with this special learning approach an important and lasting change with the unaVillage inhabitants, participants and learning communities relating to all fields of life but especially finding passion and fields of work, which the people really, really like to do and by the same time sustaining their livelihood. This may and should lead to a lasting, positive transformation of his or her patterns of life. Learners start practically (Project Based Learning) by planning and doing tasks, by co-creating new products and services and by solving problems, determining the cause and effect relationships and identifying patterns and principles behind their insights. By working and communicating within a team, learners may receive critique of assumptions and can reflect in constructive dialogs their learnings, feelings, needs and desires and may reach, with help of the feedbacks and reflections, a higher level of understanding. This understanding and interest may lead the learner to start transformative researches. He or she will deepen his or her thoughts by asking critical questions, using systematic innovation and opening his or her mind for new solutions. We like to create a practical concept for this learning process, test it during the prototyping periods and prepare multipliers for the implementation and spread of these approaches within the unaVision network and beyond.
Contribution for your participation
To gain a deeper insight into the T-Learning process, a participation of several weeks makes sense. Please talk with us in case you have only less time. Arrival should be planned for Sunday afternoon.
Underneath you find the contribution for participants. These include 7% VAT, sleeping in tents or rooms with several beds and three vegetarian meals. Higher contributions are welcome. In case you need a reduced contribution rate, please sent us a suggestions for your contribution and we will discuss it in our coordination circle.
When registering, please pick your planned weeks of participation and your selection of contribution or write an Email when you need financial support.
Your receive an invoice for your selection. As soon as your payment is received your registration is confirmed. Following rules apply
- Dropping out early we will refund your contribution less the period you participated
- No show will receive a refund less the contribution for the first week; replacement participant is possible
- Cancellation until four weeks before your starting date you receive a full refund, less then four weeks before your starting date, you will receive a refund minus 100 € contribution
- In case of special financial need, you can write an informal application to email@example.com, with your suggestion of your contribution. In case we have sponsors, the reduction will be granted in sequence of the received applications
|Period of stay||Contribution|
|1 day/night||20,00 €|
|2 days/nights||40,00 €|
|1 week||150,00 €|
|2 weeks||300,00 €|
|3 weeks||450,00 €|
|4 weeks||600,00 €|
- Arrival is preferably on Sundays. UnaVillage Oderbruch is located 90 km east of Berlin. The address is Herzershof 10, 15328 Küstriner Vorland.
- Departure: Departure will be preferably on Saturday mornings after breakfast and cleaning of the location.
- The next airports are in Berlin alternatively Berlin Schönefeld (TXL) or Berlin Tegel or in Posen/Poland. From the airport you can use public transport to reach Herzershof. It will take between 2 and 3 hours by train and bus.
- Train: The closest train station is called "Gorgast Bahnhof". The station is 3,6 km from Herzershof. There are direct regional trains from Berlin Ostkreuz. The trip is about 70 Minutes.
- Bus: The closest bus station is called "Herzershof" which is served by Bus Line 969 coming alternatively from Frankfurt (Oder) or Küstrin Kietz. The bus station Herzershof is 500 Meters from our location.
- Car: You can use in the community forum the topic "Mitfahrzentrale" to offer or search for a ride with fellow participants.
- The participation should be around one month, but at least two weeks in order to be able to actively take part in at least one transformative learning cycle.
- Food: There will be vegetarian food mainly of our own garden production or of farmers in the neighborhood.
- Accommodation: There will be rooms with several beds, tents or the possibility to rent a room in the vicinity.
- What to bring? There will be beds, beddings and sheets provided for the rooms in the house.
- There are also some working clothes available on site.
Link Registration English