|Title||Start up Factory|
|Date||July 27th to August 8th 2020|
|Location||Herzershof 10, 15328 Küstriner Vorland, Germany|
|Arrival date||July 27th|
|Departure date||August 8th|
10 Days Workshop
START UP FACTORY Summary
What do you want to achieve by implementing the project? What are the objectives of your project?
There is a global trend of young people moving from the villages to the big cities in a hope for better life and prosperity, but that trend is also bringing big stress to the people because for many people is difficult to find themselves in the big and complex cities and to find proper and decent payed job with which they can be able to find proper accommodation, pay the bills and make a good living.
We often forget about how important is to have quality food and be more in the nature, that cannot happen in the cities but in the rural areas. In the same time the air we bread is becoming more polluted and the food we eat is less healthy.
The problem of employment of young people with fewer opportunities is a most burning one nowadays.Youth are in danger of becoming the “educated unemployed’ and joining the so-called NEETs (not in employment, education or training). They can be even more marginalized if their geographic location, gender, ethnicity, social status, or disability isolates them from the mainstream.
In the face of such economic and social challenges, there is demand, especially for young people with fewer opportunities, to better prepare them for today’s varied and unpredictable career paths and show them the possibilities to develop themselves into successfull eco social entrepreneurs..
Eco- employment could be described as “responsible usage of the natural resources that conserves the environment, sustains the well-being of the local people and involves interpretation and education”. We believe that many local communities can benefit from promoting eco-employment in their areas, especially if they are located in areas with big lands and clean water.
“ Start Up Factory” training idea grow from years of experience of the organization in
the development of the “UnaVision” self- sustainable idea, the first “Una Village” prototype and in cooperating with youth organizations dedicated to promotion of Eco and sustainable initiatives.
The objective of the project is to tackle youth unemployment in respect of young people with fewer opportunities, across the EU through innovative solutions including social entrepreneurship. This project also aims to ensure equal access to employment across the society, particularly among young people with fewer opportunities through equipping them with relevant skills.
The main aim of the project is to increase the quality of youth work services for young people with fewer opportunities by equipping youth workers with competencies necessary for development of eco social entrepreneurship start up ideas and projects.
The project is based on an intensive learning process to reach following objectives:
• To enable participants to go through a process of development of eco social entrepreneurship projects and reflect on its different steps;
• To gain understanding on how to do social entrepreneurship projects and how to make it relevant for the needs of young people with fewer opportunities;
• To increase the knowledge of the background to social entrepreneurship (theory, concepts, steps, philosophy);
• To raise awareness about the opportunities that the nature itself give us
• To learn how to create benefits out of the nature by in the same time making it better
• To develop practical skills in designing and implementing eco social entrepreneurship projects;
• Raising awareness and understanding about the challenges that young people with fewer opportunities are experiencing
• Introducing tools regarding how social enterprises tackle societal problems in respect of young people with fewer opportunities
• To motivate and guide youth workers to undertake and utilize social entrepreneurship as a force for eco change
• To introduce necessary tools to youth workers on how to find innovative ways of tackling social problems in respect of young people with fewer opportunities
• To develop pilot projects which address eco challenges in their organisations or community
• To equip youth workers with the relevant skills of how they can cope with ecological problems and involve the young people into the eco employment sphere.
The “right track” involves the use of innovative pedagogical methods, enjoyable and inspirational environments, collaborative learning that rests on a competence-based and learner-centered approach.
What activities do you plan to implement? What is the number and profile of the participants involved?
This project will be devided in three parts:
- Online preparation, selection of participants, getting to know each- other, distribution of roles an tasks to the participants and guiding to the training course.
-The main activity is a 7 days training course. It will take place in Kustriner Vorland, Germany. Except for the applicant organization, there are 6 more organizations from Program countries who will participate at the project and will send participants to the training course.
- Follow up of the training course, implementing the planned projects, dissemination of the results, making the evaluation and following and supporting the participants in their future endeavors.
Since this project is specifically designed for youth workers that are working with young people with fewer opportunities in remote areas, that will be our basic criteria for final selection. We will identify and measure the participant experience in working with this target group through the open call and the application form which we will send to each interested participant to fill and the selection committee will establish several indicators for selection.
We decided to have not synchronized approach for all partners because we have different profile of partners and we believe that this approach will not just be most useful for the partners but also bring diversity of experiences, motivation, approaches and methods to the project which will enable us to reach the project aims more successfully. With this approach we want to leave a space for the younger members and volunteers to improve their competencies and involve themselves more professionally in the youth work and in implementing activities with this target group.
What results and impact do you expect your project to have?
By using non-formal education methods and activities such as interactive presentations, participants led workshops and discussions, team work, outdoor work, experiential learning, the project "Start Up Factory" is focused on developing competences of youth workers regarding the development and implementation of social entrepreneurship programs that will increase chance of young people with fewr opportunities becoming employed through starting their own enterprises mainly in Eco context.
The participants will:
• Become more confident and self-assured in starting up social entrepreneurship projects for young people with fewer opportunities
• Promote and develop new projects which will be designed according to the young people needs.
• Share the new knowledge about social entrepreneurship, equal opportunities and active citizenship throw every kind of youth work activities
• Involve more young people with fewer opportunities into their activities
• Develop higher resilience, motivation and inspiration of the young people
• Know how and being motivated to work on taking the young people out of the NEET group
• Being able and being motivated to help the young people with fewer opportunities change their mindset from victims to fighters for their lives and careers.
They will see their role as youth workers even more important and useful, which will give them happiness and motivation to take bigger steps for bigger actions, to step out and offer diverse activites with better outreach and results. The young people will see the youth workers more as friends and supporters who understand their culture, needs and fears. That will enable them to connect better, share their personal traumas and fears and through that be able to grow as healthy human beings interested to be active and productive in the society.
Since it is expected that the participants of the course will develop social entrepreneurship opportunities for young people with fewer opportunities that will increase their employability, the beneficiaries of the course are also young people, who will:
• Have their employability increased through newly developed programmes
• Have greater understanding of preserving and sustainable use of the nature
• Have greater understanding of interconnections between formal and non-formal education, and the labor market
• Have an opportunity to participate in projects for social entrepreneurship, designed according to their needs, which will improve their competencies and lead to their personal development
- Have increased opportunities for professional and career development
• Learn how to make an impact in the place they live while creating sustainable job places for themselves and their friends and neighbours
• Be empowered to take a proactive attitude in creating their own future, both on the job market and outside of it
• Learn how to be more eco friendly and enviromentally active
• Learn how to be responsible for their own learning and personal growth
• Increase their motivation and satisfaction in the daily work.
List of beneficiaries of this training course will include partner organisations that:
• Have trained youth workers in social entrepreneurship projects especially for their reality and needs of their young people with fewer opportunities
• Have Increased capacities to address the needs of the disadvantaged, to bring alienated and marginalized youth back into the economic mainstream and giving them a sense of meaning and belonging
• Have network of partners all around Europe engaged in improving eco entrepreneurship programmes and making the marginalized young people even more employable
• Have new contacts for future projects under the Erasmus+ programme
• Have increased capacity to trigger changes in terms of modernization and international opening within their educational programmes.